Christmas Greetings & Upcoming Broadcast Reschedulings
A Blessed Christmastide to you all! May we never lose our sense of wonder and awe at the staggering self-humiliation of our God, that the Infinite would stoop to become an Infant ... the Omnipotent a helpless baby ... the Creator a creature ... in order to become our Kinsman-Redeemer, so that He could suffer and die to bring us the salvation that we could never achieve on our own (Hebrews 2:9, 14-18).
1. A quick reminder of what I posted here five days ago: tonight, December 25, because it’s the Feast of Our Lord’s Nativity, I will not be streaming at 8:30 pm my usual Sunday night Facebook Live broadcast on Dom Guéranger’s The Liturgical Year: that broadcast is pushed forward to tomorrow night (Monday, Dec 26), same time (8:30 pm Eastern).
2. In fact, there is so much material on Advent to catch up on in that broadcast (in order to complete our discussion of all the remaining material in volume I, the volume on Advent), we won’t be able in that same hour to even begin to tackle volume II to discuss all the material Dom Guéranger has for Christmas Day. We are therefore taking the unprecedented step of having a follow-up broadcast the following night, Tuesday, December 27, also at 8:30 pm, in order to begin our discussion of volume II; otherwise we’ll be hopelessly, perennially behind, week after week.
3. To accomplish this means that, regretfully, we’ll need to re-schedule what we had scheduled for this Tuesday night — part two of our discussion on “Our Lady of Guadalupe and the Fate of America” — to the following Tuesday night, January 3, 8:30 pm. (I’m sorry, but I’m teaching other classes every other night between this Tuesday and the next, so that's the earliest opportunity in my schedule to complete that topic.)
4. Remember that — because next Sunday, January 1, is (like today) also a holy day of obligation, the Feast of the Circumcision of Our Lord — what would normally have been next Sunday evening’s regularly scheduled broadcast on Dom Guéranger's Liturgical Year is also being pushed forward exactly one day to Monday, Jan 2, 8:30 pm.
5. As for my ongoing series Wednesday and Saturday nights on "Christian Social Principles," I will be broadcasting the next session (lecture 8) at its regularly scheduled date & time of this Wednesday evening, December 28, at 8:30 pm Eastern. However, as I previously notified you (in my Dec 20 post), I will NOT broadcast the following session (lecture 9) on what would normally be its regularly scheduled date of Saturday, December 31, since that is New Year’s Eve. I therefore won't be broadcasting lecture 9 until the following Wednesday, January 4, 8:30 pm.
6. If anyone reading this is not already doing so, you might enjoy watching these free Facebook Live streaming video broadcasts I’ve been speaking of above. I post the recordings of these live broadcasts immediately afterwards on my public figure Facebook page, so that people can watch them whenever they like: they’re available 24/7. You don’t need to have a Facebook account yourself in order to visit my page or view my videos; just type this URL into your web browser to be immediately taken to my Facebook page:
7. Starting next month (January 2017) I hope to be adding four new weekly, year-long series to my Facebook Live broadcasts: a series on the Old Testament, one on the New Testament, one on Catholic apologetics (defending the Faith), and one on Church history — or, possibly, on dogmatic theology. (I’m still undecided between these two options: I only wish there were more nights in the week!)
8. I’ve mailed out Christmas cards and end-of-year thank-you letters to my much-appreciated handful of donors, as I do each year, but I’d like to take this opportunity to publicly thank them for their ongoing loyalty and generosity. I know that without such support of this lay educational apostolate (Biblical Foundations International) I could not continue to do all that I do to disseminate (in my embarrassingly imperfect way) the authentic Catholic Faith to so many, every day, all over the world. May Our Lord richly reward you, both here and hereafter!
9. With the costs involved in this annual mailing of my Christmas cards our funds are completely depleted, with zero money in the bank going forward into January. So any purchase you could make from our online store (www.gerrymatatics.org/shop) — or donation! — would be deeply appreciated and enable us to fund our January broadcasts, new CD releases (including — finally! — “The Revelations of the Rosary” CD set), and other vital projects, such as the publication of my book “The Case for Sedevacantism: The Only Logical and Orthodox Explanation for the Current Crisis in Catholicism.”
10. Thank you again, one and all, for your continued interest in and ongoing support of this apostolate. May Almighty God grant you and yours a glorious Christmastide and a grace-filled New Year. We continue to keep all our donors, customers, and friends (and enemies! see Matthew 5:44) and all their loved ones in our daily rosaries, novenas, and other prayers.
Yours in Christ our newborn King and Mary our glorious Queen Mother,